School of Rock – Day 10 – Community

SUMMARY

I think I did a pretty good job with these assignments below. I also talked to my brother for while on how are leadership thing should go.

PRACTICE ROOM (GUITAR LESSONS) – 90 mins

I spent about 60 minutes watching his videos an another 30 minutes just practicing by myself. I got a pretty good amount of practice in. I might practice more later if I feel like it.

LAB (THEORY PRACTICED) – 30 mins

Its nice to know how writing lyrics works. It as also nice to watch as I’ve never put lyrics to actual music before so it was nice to see how.

OUTSIDE (CREATIVITY & THE BRAIN) – 30 mins

I took a walk to think about this with my dog fluffy. I think some of her strategies might work for me somewhat. I do have a need for more structure in my schedule, but my brain doesn’t respond well to too much structure. I can Often jump to guilting myself if I get behind schedule, which is not helpful at all. One thing I’ve tried is telling myself, rather then I have to do this or I should do this, to tel myself that I want to do that thing for myself. It’s super simple and sounds weird but it really gives me more motivation for some reason.

STUDIO (SONGWRITING) – 30 mins

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED

My main challenge today was overcoming a lack of motivation. Luckily I watched the brainstorming video first. After that and a walk I was ready to get to work on my assignments.

TODAY’s ACTIVITY EVALUATION

Content (The WHAT)

Rating: OK  – 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5  – HIGHLY ENGAGED

Rating: 4

The videos were pretty engaging today

Process (The HOW)

Rating: 4

My favorite thing I did today was taking a walk outside because I really needed it.